Maynard is located at the convergence of three Massachusetts routes: 27, 117, and 62. We are located nearly equidistant from Interstate 495 (exit 27, 7 miles) to the west and Interstate 95 to the east (12 miles, exit 26 to route 117). We are located 3.5 miles south of Massachusetts highway Route 2 (exit 42/43)
General Driving Directions
From points west (I-495):
- Take exit 27 for Route 117 East (towards Stow)
- Follow Route 117 East for approx 7 miles.
- Bear left on Route 62 (just after crossing the Assabet River) to head towards downtown.
From points east/north (Route 2):
- Take exit 43 on the left and merge with Route 111 West, continue 1/2 mile.
- Turn left at the lights to Route 27 South.
- Follow Route 27 South for 2.8 miles.
- Turn right on Nason Street to enter downtown or continue on 27 for more eastern parts of town.
From Logan Airport
- Use Harborside Drive to exit the Airport.
- Turn left onto the ramp to I-93 and the Ted Williams Tunnel / I-90 West (note: toll road)
- Merge to I-90 West (Mass Pike)
- Take Exit 15 to merge onto I-95 North (aka Route 128). Try to enjoy the insanity.
- Take Exit 29B - Route 2 West towards Acton/Fitchburg.
- Stay on Route 2 West
- Take Left exit to Route 62 South (after Emerson Hospital)
- Follow Route 62 into Maynard.
From points south (Route 27):
- Follow Route 27 to Maynard.
- A left at the first lights will bring you on Route 117 West and provides access to schools and playing fields.
- Or follow Route 27 to the next set of lights and turn left to head towards downtown.
We used to have railroads and trolleys running through our town, but, alas, no longer.
The nearest mass transit point is the South Acton station for the MBTA. Clock Tower Place offers a shuttle from the station to the CTP office park, primarily for commuting employees. Contact CTP for the shuttle schedule.