INSTRUCTIONS FOR LICENSE TO CARRY FIREARMS/FID CARD APPLICANTS
The following Officers will be available (depending on their shifts) to process your application.
SGT JONES Mon-Fri 9:00am -3:00pm
SGT NOBLE Mon-Thur 6:00pm -10:00pm
Call the department at 978/897-1011 and set up an appointment with one of the above licensing officers.
WALK-INS WITH NO SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
1. Completed Commonwealth of Massachusetts application (available at the police station or online) for new/renewal of a firearms identification card or license to carry firearms.
2. You must bring proof of identification
3. If requesting a Class A License, a letter stating the reason you want the license must accompany the application.
4. You will be notified when the license is ready to be picked up. After being notified, you may come to the police station and pick up the license at any time.
5. Licensing Fee (Cash Only – Non Refundable)
Class A, B & C (FID cards)- $100.00
Class D (restricted pepper spray) – $25.00
Renewal of class A, B & C – $100.00
Renewal of class D-FREE
6. If this is a request for a new permit: Appropriate certificate from a Massachusetts State Police sponsored Firearms Safety Course or a Massachusetts Hunter Education Course for a Firearms Identification Card.
7. You DO NOT need to bring photos. We will do them digitally.
Change of Address
If a License to Carry or a Firearms Identification card holder changes address, within 30 days they must make official notification of the address change to:
- Issuing Chief of Police
- Chief of Police in town or city you have moved to
- Firearms Record Bureau
Please fill out and follow the instructions on the Change of Address Notification for Firearms Identification Card and License to Carry Firearms.
Failure to make this notification is grounds for revocation of these permits.
Gun locks are free at the Maynard Police Station for Maynard residents. Ask for Lt. Dawson or Detective Duggan.
All guns stored in the home must be stored in a safe or have a trigger lock to compy with MGL c140, s131L.